Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As a Turndown Attendant, you will create a restful space for our guests to return to at the end of the day – and you will take pride in knowing that your thoughtful attention to detail makes them feel valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children’s program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Consistently prepare each guest room for turndown service and ensure service standards are followed
- Refresh towels, water and other amenities as required
- Ensure the guest’s bed is turn downed properly for their return
- Take accurate room status reports at the end of the shift
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity.Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Orchid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Job type
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration