Assistant Director, Talent & Culture
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, we offer our Colleagues and Leaders exciting career paths and engaging work environments in hotels of unrivalled presence. Showcase your team-building, organizational and interpersonal strengths as Assistant Director, Talent & Culture, where your support will facilitate extraordinary careers and lasting memories for your T&C and hotel teams.
Hotel Overview: Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guestrooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be as we define the “Iconic Calgary Experience”.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Talent & Culture, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Lead the day-to-day operation of the Talent & Culture Department and support the implementation of human resources strategies.
- Support the Director, Talent & Culture in implementing hotel strategy, including coaching, counselling, hiring and retaining the best colleagues.
- Assist the Director, Talent & Culture in assessing organizational needs, developing aligned human resource solutions and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition, administration and Colleague wellness.
- Perform duties of the Director, Talent & Culture, in their absence.
- Promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun.
- Assist Departmental Leaders with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in colleague feedback.
- Attend and chair the monthly Health and Safety Committee Meetings.
- Oversee the administration of the health and safety and return to work program for the hotel.
- Responsible for facilitating various training for leaders and colleagues.
- Act as an internal consultant to provide expert coaching and direction on HR policy, programs, employee relations, legislation, employment standards, human rights and compensation.
- Ensure the Talent & Culture department complies with all corporate, regional and hotel policies and procedures and governmental regulations pertaining to all colleagues.
- Support the organization of staff events such as Summer Picnic, Children’s Holiday Party, Annual Colleague Celebration, etc.
- Ensure that the Talent & Culture department delivers a high standard of service for both our internal guests and external clients.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process, ensuring that individuals are the right talent, in the right role, at the right time.
- Engage in Talent & Culture social media initiatives as a recruitment strategy.
- Support and drive the Heartist Recognition Committee.
- Be a role model within the hotel and demonstrate professional leadership skills that are fully aligned and in support of our culture.
- Assist with all general administration and reception and other duties as required.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources roles with experience in a leadership level position.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- University/College degree in a related discipline is required.
- CHRP designation or candidate working towards designation is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills complimented by professional maturity, strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Previous experience with HR Manager &TAS would be a benefit.
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Calgary, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible