Assistant Director EngineeringImmaculate public areas, attractive and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. Apply your exceptional standards as Assistant Director, Engineering, where you will implement preventative maintenance and resource management programs in support of a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring, updating and implementing the Fire Plan, Fire and Life safety program, building evacuation, Disaster Recovery plan
- Coordination of the preventive maintenance program for guest rooms, public areas and safety systems, working closely with Front Desk, Housekeeping, Security and F&B departments
- Help to prepare and control the annual Engineering budget and assisting in the preparation of the Capital
- Oversees the Energy management system and monitoring utility costs
- Supervising and directing of the Engineering team within the operation to maintain mechanical and physical requirements
- Co-ordinate renovation and capital projects, manage outside contractors as required, acting as Project Manager
- Ensuring prompt and immediate response to maintenance requests for the quests, staff and management of the hotel
- Recruiting, scheduling, payroll, performance appraisals and reviews, training and development of Engineering Team
- Oversees all department health, safety and WHMIS training programs and through WCB compliance and key member of the Hotels Emergency Response Team
- Ensuring the hotel is in compliance with all municipal, provincial and federal regulations as it relates to the operational functions, fire and safety programs
- Required to be available by pager or phone for emergency response purposes
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a Assistant Director of Engineering in a similar sized hotel or a similar position in a large unionized heritage building
- Engineering degree/diploma and or valid trade qualification required
- Knowledgeable in all Regulations such as Building Codes, Fire & Health Dept, WHMIS
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly skilled in reading and working with blueprints
- Highly organized, result driven with the ability to be flexible, work well under pressure and a strong level of initiative required
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Computerized Building Automation Programs, Maintenance Software, Auto CAD skills, and the Office Workplace package
- Must lead by example by displaying a high standard of performance with ability to communicate these expectations to the team to achieve preeminent results
- Must be highly safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe working environment throughout the hotel
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible in terms of working hours
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible