Assisting co-workers with guest services by ensuring promptness in delivering orders from kitchen to restaurant. Maintaining cleanliness of kitchen area by clearing all dirty wares into the back of house area. Cooperating in teamwork with co-workers is essential to the success of the restaurant.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, The Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, The Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, The Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Report to duty on time, with full uniform according to the standards of the restaurant and hotel
- Maintain and ensure good spirited teamwork and good work ethics with your coworkers and all other hotel employees
- Read and understand all the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
- To have a complete understanding of the restaurant’s concept, hours of operation, policies, procedures and standards
- To assist servers with their duties without compromising your own duties or the overall guest experience
- Transporting meals from the kitchen area to the guest in a timely fashion
- Removal of all dirty wares from the back of the restaurant to the dishwashing areas
- Actively participate in the health and safety procedures of the hotel and restaurant
- To assist guests with any questions or requests in a pleasing and helpful manner
- To supply rice, green tea and water to guests and continuously clear dishware when necessary
- To have complete knowledge of your work duties including guest relations, cleaning of cooking tables, setting of tables, clearing of tables, bussing soiled dishes, stripping in the stewarding area and recycling procedures
- Set tables according to standard for the applicable meal period
- To actively participate in the hotels GREEN recycling program
- Report any accidents that occur to your co-worker, a guest or yourself to your manager
- To feel confident in expressing your questions, concerns or comments about the overall operation of the restaurant
- Carry out any miscellaneous duties/responsibilities as requested by your supervisor, pertaining to the total operation of Benihana
Qualifications: • Ability to work in fast paced surroundings• To be flexible with shifts of the restaurant depending on the business demands • Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas• Excellent interpersonal skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): • Constant standing, walking and throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract