Houseperson (part time)
To clean assigned area and service guest needs according to the hotel’s standards. The Houseperson is to adhere to Royal York’s policies and procedures.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
To arrive work on time, properly groomed according to standard and wear the proper foot wear.
- Responsible for the various duties which can include:
- Cleaning, monitoring, and replenishing supplies in the men’s public washrooms
- Handling guest request’s for various items including the delivery of cots, cribs, refrigerators, pillows, etc.
- Vacuuming carpets at hotel entrances
- Sweeping the sidewalk surrounding the hotel
- Delivering linen to the guest room floors
- Removing garbage left on furniture in public areas.
- Cleaning staff locker rooms.
- Vacuuming lobby stairs, mopping stairwells, shampooing guestroom carpets, delivering bathrobes to guest rooms, washing guest room sheers, mattress rotation .
- Cleaning of guestrooms (cleaning behind beds and armoires, washing walls, cleaning lightshades.)
- Assisting room attendants by removing dirty linen and garbage from their carts.
- Assisting in robe and linen inventories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Housekeeping experience desirable but not required.
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written.
- Secondary schooling desirable not required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and industrial equipment and cleaning materials desired but not required.
- Available for shift work including evenings and weekends.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Reasonable accommodations to the point of undue hardship are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible