Sales Manager, Canadian CorporateSelling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to inquiries regarding guest room and function space availability in a professional and timely manner;
- To solicit from and confirm with clients, all information pertaining to the event they are planning and pass all of this information along to a Conference Services/Catering Manager to service the group;
- To initiate billing procedures and ensuring intial deposits and/or credit applications are received with the required information;
- Work independently within given parameters and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment;
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once with strong organizational and supervisory skills;
- Maintain high quality of service standards required by the hotel and company
- Other duties as assignedObjectives/Accountabilities:
- Parameters for this position will flex based on business needs however the current parameters for this position are Canadian Corporate accounts (industries to be assigned) for 8 to 49 rooms on peak
- Weekly Prospecting targets for potential rooms only business in conjunction with off-site venues
- Weekly Prospecting targets utilizing industry reports
- This position is responsible for exceeding assigned room night quotas and to exceed monthly sales activity goals as outlined by the Director of Sales. This includes activities such as prospecting, personal sales appointments, business travels, entertaining clients and site inspections.
Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree/diploma preferred
Opera and Microsoft application literacy required
Previous Sales Experience in the Canadian Corporate Market in a mid-large hotel a strong asset
Skilled with negotiating and managing complex contracts and addendums
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada. APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible