Security Agent (Part-Time)
The Security Department is responsible for ensuring the overall safety and security of the hotel’s guests, employees, and hotel premises. He/she acts as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, accident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance. The Security Team ensures that any violation to law or hotel policy is investigated and duly addressed. The Security member responds equally to both guest and employee security and safety concerns.
Hourly Rate: $25.80/hour
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Security, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring security and safety of all property, guests and employees
- Regular floor patrols, cash counts and crowd control
- Providing excellent guest service
- Assisting in the orientation of new staff to hotel's security procedures
- Conducting security assessments to determine if hotel guests, employees and assets are properly protected
- Correcting and reporting of fire hazards, health and safety hazards
- Operating as a member of the Emergency Response Team
- Reporting and investigating occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
- Responding to all alarms- perimeter door, local and hold-up
- Handling lost and found in conjunction with the Housekeeping Department
- Knowledge and application of Municipal, Provincial, and Federal statutes with attention to the Trespass to Property Act
- Key control involving departmental audits and maintenance of key records
- Maintaining computer records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report
- Reporting all violations of Tenant Agreements
- Other duties as directed by the Director, Security Services and/or Supervisor, Security Services
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certificates
- Law and Security Diploma or equivalent post-secondary education would be an asset
- Self-motivated individual who is animated and highly energetic with a sense of humour
- Two years’ experience in security and safety of property and people, preferably in a hotel
- Excellent organization skills, written and oral communication skills
- Computer knowledge of WordPerfect
- Ability to work with and learn security related technologies e.g. lock systems, camera systems
- Ability to effectively work with others in critical stress or emergency situations eg fire alarms, first aid, supporting emergency personnel
- High level of confidentiality when handling guest information
- Available for shift work including overnights and weekends
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Reasonable accommodations to the point of undue hardship are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible