Hotel Overview: Since 1907, The world-renowned flagship Fairmont has served as the San Francisco residence for U.S. presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars. The landmark hotel offers 591 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, three distinctive restaurants, a health club and easy access to the city’s most popular attractions. The grandeur of the fully restored hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a regal experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Handle soiled kitchenware and prepare for proper washing. Properly store kitchenware once cleaned.
- Maintain clean work areas and maintain organization at all times.
- Other duties assigned from Executive Steward
- Previous experience not required but prefered
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must be willing to work on week ends and late shifts i.e 6PM-2AM
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs
- Repetitive kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Repetitive ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you are launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That is why you'll find exceptional work opportunities throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at http://www.fairmont.com/ to find out more about our company.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible