In Room Dining ManagerOur guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. Your leadership strengths as In Room Dining Manager ensure successful operations and the consistent delivery of not only memorable cuisine, but also of outstanding guest service.
Hotel Overview: World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the fully restored hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a regal experience. Completed in April 2001, the $85 million restoration project is highlighted by the re-emergence of the Main Lobby as a grand public space, as well as the remodeling of all the guestrooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the In Room Dining team and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Train Colleagues & supervisors in the absence of the trainer
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies and practices
- Have full knowledge of all In Room Dining menus
- Manage the departmental budget
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous point of sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company.
- Job type
- Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible