Assistant Director, Talent & Culture
#LI-AS1At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, we offer our Colleagues and Leaders exciting career paths and engaging work environments in hotels of unrivalled presence. Showcase your team-building, organizational and interpersonal strengths as Assistant Director, Talent & Culture, where your support will facilitate extraordinary careers and lasting memories for your T&C and hotel teams.
A fixture in the heart of Silicon Valley since 1987, The Fairmont San Jose delivers an irresistible blend of innovation and elegance. With the meteoric growth of the computer industry, Silicon Valley has become one of the world's busiest hubs, and the capital of this high-tech mecca is San Jose. The Fairmont San Jose hotel combines technological innovation with timeless elegance.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Talent & Culture, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the Talent & Culture Department and support the implementation of human resources strategies
- Assist the Director of Talent & Culture in assessing organizational needs, developing aligned human resource solutions and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition, administration and Colleague wellness
- Promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun
- Assist Departmental Leaders with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in Colleague feedback
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Previous human resources leadership experience required
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicant must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Job type
- Central San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract