Assistant IT ManagerOur Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts with the help of Information Technology-assisted efficiencies. Your operational support and leadership as an Assistant IT Manager will facilitate compliance with all security protocols, protect data and ensure our computer systems are optimized to meet the unique needs of our hotel team.
Hotel Overview: A fixture in the heart of silicon Valley since 1987, The Fairmont San Jose delivers an irresistible blend of innovation and elegance. With the meteoric growth of the computer industry, Silicon Valley has become one of the world's busiest hubs, and the capital of this high-tech mecca is San Jose. The Fairmont San Jose hotel combines technological innovation with timeless elegance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the IT Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the hotel’s day-to-day IT activity ensuring all standards are followed
- Comply with the company’s IT Security Policy as it pertains to hardware, software, security/data safety
- Ensure proper backup of all business related, user relevant data
- Support the hotel’s stand alone systems, including but not limited to, systems connected to the Network, point of sales systems, all related interfaces, file server, UPS related devices
- Work and consult with hardware and software vendors to setup and maintain all required equipment
- Ensure that the usage and installation of software is in accordance with the software licensing laws
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership experience in a similar role required
- Microsoft Certified Software Engineer preferred
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Understanding of hotel applications an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont San Jose is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Job type
- Central San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible