A fixture in the heart of Silicon Valley since 1987, The Fairmont San Jose delivers an irresistible blend of innovation and elegance. With the meteoric growth of the computer industry, Silicon Valley has become one of the world's busiest hubs, and the capital of this high-tech mecca is San Jose. The Fairmont San Jose hotel combines technological innovation with timeless elegance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Laundry Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Processing all the linen and uniforms needed for the operation of the hotel
- Wash linen (bed sheet/duvet cover/pillowcase) and food & beverage linen (table cloth/napkin).
- Sorting Linen
- Inspect stains and worn off/holes/tear on all linen/terry and place at assigned bin for rewash and discard.
- Operate Washing Equipment
- Restocking chemicals
- Lift/Pull 25/80 pound carts
- Assist with linen inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness of the workstations.
- Comply with the Workplace Health and Safety regulations and report all safety hazards within the work environment.
- Ability to read/understand instructions
- Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to add and subtract
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent Reaching/Handling/Bending/Pushing/Pulling
- Ability to lift/pull up to 80 pounds
- Ability to adjust to repetitive work
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont San Jose is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Central San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible