Chef de Partie (BUTCHER)
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a Chef de Partie, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving meat deliveries, inspecting and identifying inconsistencies i.e. quality, quantity, expiry date etc.
- Preparing all meat required in accordance with specific event etc. including cutting, trimming, boning, tenderizing, grinding etc.
- Effectively managing meat process including accurately weighing product
- Maintaining an effective product rotation system to minimize waste
- Maintaining an effective inventory system
- Training and developing junior chefs
- Ensuring all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Maintaining superior hygiene, health and safety standards. Includes ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils and equipment
- Following kitchen policies, procedures and service standards and all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Actively participating in daily shift briefings to include sharing ideas, opinions and suggestions
- Continually striving to improve food preparation and presentation
- Maintaining current knowledge of all menu items, daily specials and promotions
- Consistently offering professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or Certificate from a recognized culinary school an asset
- 4 years relevant culinary experience working in all areas of a luxury hotel kitchen, with specific experience as a Butcher including whole animal butchery
- Excellent customer service, team, interpersonal and communication, multi-tasking, organization and problem-solving skills
- Must be accountable, reliable, energetic, creative and flexible
- Ability to work efficiently in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Office an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Southampton Parish, Bermuda
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration