Fairmont Gold Pantry AttendantFirst impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Fairmont Gold Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As you personally greet our Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of "Turning moments into memories for our guests".
A sophisticated gateway to one of the world's most vibrant cities, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is conveniently located above the USA Departures Level in the Vancouver International Airport. Voted #1 Airport Hotel in North America and 5th in World at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Luxury. Convenience. We deliver THE EXPERIENCE THAT REDEFINES YOUR JOURNEY.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide and maintain outstanding guest service in a unique, guest focused environment
- Ensure that all Fairmont Gold Standards of Service & Operational Procedures are adhered. Monitor maintenance of the physical Fairmont Gold product
- Preparation set up, maintenance and tear down of the Fairmont Gold breakfast buffet service each day
- Organizing, cleaning, and maintaining the Fairmont Gold pantry
- Ordering and stocking food and other related food service supplies
- Controls inventory of these pertinent supplies
- Prepares canapés for Fairmont Gold evening service
- Work closely with the Kitchen and In Room Dining to ensure the highest level of food quality and selection is maintained
- Active role in selecting new menu items and keeping the canapés, breakfast, and warming amenities current
- Keeps the Concierge team updated with Globe Restaurant and Jetside Lounge menus, information etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts
- Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent guest service and team skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in an unsupervised environment while maintaining the standards of the Fairmont Gold product
- Responsible, organized, mature, and professional
- Well groomed
- Previous food handling and guest service experience required
- Post secondary education and/or related studies an asset
- Must speak English fluently; a second language is a definite asset
- Completed Food Safe Certificate
- Completed Serving it Right Certificate
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a current work visa or permit. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract