Loyalty Lobby AmbassadorFirst impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Loyalty Lobby Ambassador with Fairmont Vancouver Airport. As you personally greet our Loyalty Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of "Turning moments into memories for our guests".
A sophisticated gateway to one of the world's most vibrant cities, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is conveniently located above the USA Departures Level in the Vancouver International Airport. Voted #1 Airport Hotel in North America and 5th in World at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Luxury. Convenience. We deliver THE EXPERIENCE THAT REDEFINES YOUR JOURNEY.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Front Office Manager and working closely with other members of the Front Office team, the Loyalty Lobby Ambassador will be responsible for the overall experience of our most loyal guests including the following:
- Assisting our loyal guests with highest levels of guest service and continuing to develop our loyalty memberships
- Be the leader in Recruitment for loyalty membership program
- Supporting other Front Office functions, such as Front Desk, Fairmont Gold, Reservations, and Bell Services as required
- Communicating and developing relationships with all supporting departments ensuring consistent levels of exceptional guest service are achieved
- Knowledge of Vancouver International Airport and Greater Vancouver, its history, activities and events is essential
- Proactively communicate arrivals and departures of all loyal Guests
- Work closely with the Guest Services team coordinating the daily arrivals and departures of all our loyal guests
- Assist with the handling of last minute walk in business, delayed flights, and arrivals ensuring guests reservations are completed to each guest preference
- The ability to make decisions to pro-actively serve our loyal guests according to all luxury standards
- Actively participating in shift and break coverage in all areas of the Front Office
- Set a personal example of quality guest service, including empowering all staff to maximize guest service.
- Putting initiatives in place to improve service by streamlining procedures and removing obstacles that hinder service delivery
- Fostering a culture where employees focus on their role of doing whatever it takes to exceed guest expectations while performing multiple functions
- Ensuring consistency and seamless operation within the Front Office, Guest Services and Fairmont Gold teams for each of our most loyal guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in Front Office at a supervisory level an asset
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Knowledge of Property Manager, Windows, Excel, Word and their specific applications an asset
- Hospitality Diploma is an asset
- Highly motivated and guest driven with the proven ability to solve problems and make timely and effective decisions, especially in a crisis situation
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure while maintaining professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal communication and guest service skills
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions/projects while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a current work visa or permit. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract