At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As a Houseperson, the organizational support you provide to the Housekeeping team will ensure our guest rooms are well equipped and welcoming – and our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview: A sophisticated gateway to one of the world's most vibrant cities, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is conveniently located above the USA Departures Level in the Vancouver International Airport. Voted #1 Airport Hotel in North America and 5th in World at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Luxury. Convenience. The best part of your journey.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Houseeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure Housekeeping departmental standards are followed
- Assist Room Attendants to ensure guest rooms are prepared efficiently
- Maintain inventory in the Housekeeping closets
- Respond timely to guests’ special requests for miscellaneous items ie: cribs, cots, extra towels etc.
- Collect dirty linen, garbage and recyclables from Room Attendants’ carts and closets
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a current work visa or permit. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.Qualifications:
- Previous Housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a current work visa or permit. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract