Kitchen StewardEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Vancouver Airport begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Kitchen Steward, where your attentiveness and care will ensure the creation of exceptional cuisine.
Hotel Overview: A sophisticated gateway to one of the world's most vibrant cities, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is conveniently located above the USA Departures Level in the Vancouver International Airport. Voted #1 Airport Hotel in North America and 5th in World at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Luxury. Convenience. The best part of your journey.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with other departments, in particular Food & Beverage and the Kitchen, to ensure consistent levels of exceptional service are achieved
- Anticipating needs and responding to all requests in a friendly, prompt and courteous manner, while supporting your colleagues
- Assisting with banquet function and Globe @ YVR buffet set-up, ensuring all required supplies are readily available
- General dishwashing and waste removal duties, in keeping with the hotel’s recycling program
- Ensuring all kitchens, stewards areas and attendant equipment is maintained in a working, clean and well organized state at all times, while supporting a SAFE work environment
- Assisting with staff cafeteria duties, as required
- Participating in special projects, staff meeting, training and hotel committees
- Flexible to work any shift, any day of the week
- Takes initiative and provides friendly and proactive customer service while supporting their colleagues
- A strong physical condition is required, as this position requires constant standing walking bending and lifting of heavy objects
- Dedicated to supporting a safe work environment; WHMIS certification an asset
- Must be well organized and works well independently as well as part of a team
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills
- Completion of Food Safe Level 1 Certification is required
- Previous experience in a high volume kitchen is an asset
- Previous experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a current work visa or permit. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Vancouver, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract