Director, Group Sales
The Director of Group Sales is accountable for generating budgeted revenue on an established account base through personal selling and through the management of 4 direct reports. The Director of Group Sales is the first line supervisory position within the sales organization. He/she is responsible for the training, development and performance of the direct reporting personnel. It assists in making operational decisions on business within broad parameters.
Located in Washington's fashionable West End, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown surrounds you with comfort and luxury. The perfect hotel for either business or leisure travel, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown offers spacious guestrooms and the brilliant colors of nature found in the hotel's central garden courtyard, reflecting these tones throughout the property.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Planning and overseeing the group sales effort of the hotel, specifically the achievement of targeted room revenues and sales mix.
- Direct and manage all group sales training, yearly sales targets, group sales quotas, the incentive plan and all other corporate and hotel learning required to maintain the most effective sales professionals in the market.
- Keep informed of the competition's sales and marketing strategies and report on a timely basis sales intelligence of benefit to our organization.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement strategy and long term goals.
- Evaluate and initiate opportunities for developing new sources of business in all market segments and thereby broaden the account base.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, training and development to the Group Sales team.
- Participate in the development and management of the annual marketing plan.
- Prepare the annual group room’s revenue budget with the DOSM.
- Set parameters for rate quotes and for negotiating group room’s contracts.
- Accountable for booking group business originating from own market segment and achieving individual and team booking goals.
- Independently responsible for achievement of sales activities and all objectives outlined in the action plan.
- Responsible for day-to-day duties of prospecting accounts, account development, site inspections and proper Opera Sales & Catering account management practices, etc. for individual and team achievement.
- Active in developing new business.
- Keep accurate records of potential customers and follow through on all potential business.
- Utilize Opera Sales & Catering System to track, solicit, book and follow-up accounts.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Participate in sites, familiarization trips, industry trade shows and sales trips as required.
- Schedule effective business trips and appointments within assigned markets.
- Participate in prescribed training and special projects.
- Plan and lead bi-monthly sales meetings as assigned.
- Approve all group contracts and their terms in compliance with Fairmont standards.
- Work closely with Director of Revenue Management to approve group bookings in support of hotel’s revenue / mix objectives
- Previous experience as a Director of Group Sales or Senior Sales Manager
- Minimum of five years hotel sales management experience required.
- Bachelors Degree and/or Hotel Management Degree preferred.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Computer literacy (Opera Sales & Catering, Word, Excel).
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Positive attitude and supportive, team based approach towards the attainment of the hotel's goals.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours and days.
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain valid work authorization for the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Northwest Washington, Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible