Director of Restaurants
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Director of Restaurants, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Located in Washington’s fashionable West End and adjacent to historic Georgetown, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. welcomes guests in capital style. A sunlit urban oasis that soothes the spirit, the Fairmont, perfect for business or leisure travel, celebrates many local Washington traditions. Known for its engaging service and stylish surroundings, the Fairmont offers 413 spacious guest rooms and suites that provide our guests a welcome retreat. Having recently come out of a $26 Million renovation, the hotel is re-energized and on the upswing – we need a talented and strategic Director of Food & Beverage to help us continue that trend.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day to day operations of the Food & Beverage Division ensuring all service standards are followed
- Drive innovative promotions, menus and concepts; creating a destination of choice for both Hotel and external guests
- Lead and support all Food & Beverage departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets
- Prepare annual budgets and administer in a fiscally responsible manner
- Implement effective control of food, beverage, labour and operating expenses throughout the F&B division
- Assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan and achieve the goals and targets therein
- Ensure the implementation of standards in guest service and constantly seek out ways to improve product and service as well as increase volumes and profits
- Oversee the selection, training and development of all Colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and career growth
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in a senior leadership role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must be able to provide or obtain valid work authorization for the United States
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Northwest Washington, Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible