Engineer IV - Overnight Maintenance
If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, perhaps you would be interested in joining the outstanding team of hospitality professionals at the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Engineering/Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Monitor and maintain preventative maintenance program
- Keep repair parts stocked for PM shift cart/supply
- Clean and maintain mechanical spaces, perform AHU's filters replacement
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment as assigned by Director of Engineering, Assistant Director of Engineering or Supervisor
- Ensure proper care and use of all Engineering equipment including all safety related procedures used when operating this equipment. This includes MSDS and lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Comply with all established procedures, e.g. Work Orders, Preventive Maintenance, Out of Order Rooms, Emergencies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned
- Completion of trade school or formal apprenticeship in Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of general utility work, such as: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC and Refrigeraton
- Must be familiar with all safety practices related to all Engineering equipment and its use.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision on assigned tasks.
- Must be able to operate all standard refrigeration and engineering equipment.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend and stoop
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide valid U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Northwest Washington, Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible