Front Desk Agent
The Front Desk Agent acts as an ambassador for the hotel; providing a warm and personal welcome upon arrival, any assistance needed throughout the guests’ stay, and settling accounts accurately upon departure, with the desire to see the guest return.
Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates Fairmont Service Promise Standards and Fairmont Values in all interactions with both guests and colleagues.
- Ensures each guest receives a warm and welcoming reception according to all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Standards
- Ensures each guest receives a fond farewell according to all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts standards
- Communicates with other departments for general hotel knowledge as well as completing guest requests
- Ensures that all bills are kept up to date and accurate and process upon departure
- Takes advance reservations, bookings and special requirements
- Responds to all guest requests in a timely manner and ensures follow up is completed
- Complies with all standard operating procedures and policies of the Front Office
- Remains observant and responds to each guest who approaches the Front Desk
- Enrolls new FPC members and updates FPC profiles as required
- Drives Rate and Rev Par through up-selling guests upon arrival
- Adheres to Health & Safety policy and ensuring safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Adheres to the hotel’s environmental policies and procedures.
Highly organized, detail oriented, able to multitask, able to make decisions and take initiative, able to work alone and with little supervision
Ability to work in an ever-changing and often busy environment
Must be self-motivating, a team player and have a high level of guest service orientation
Must have excellent verbal, comprehensive & written English communication skills
Must have a professional attitude along with impeccable presentation
Highly organized with the ability to be flexible with work hours and days off, shifts are primarily overnight
Strong computer knowledge of Opera Property Manager System
Micros, Microsoft Excel, and Word knowledge are assets
Physically able to complete all aspects of the position without restriction
Previous Hotel Front Office experience an asset
Post secondary diploma in a Hospitality Management Program an asset
Fluency in a second language as it relates to the hospitality industry is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Winnipeg, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible