Host / Hostess - 3 months term
As a Host/Hostess with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Welcomes and seats VG clients, handling the coat check.
Organizes floor plan/seating, taking reservations, some administrative work (photocopying & faxing).
Ensures employees sign in/out, prepares meal statistics, and ensures a smooth flow in restaurant and lounge.
Assists VG service teams when busy, Ex. Clearing and setting tables, etc.
Works to develop a strong understanding of the machines with respect to credit cards, cash handling, direct billing, advanced deposits, personal checks & foreign currency and assisting colleagues.
Ensures the Servers are able to provide prompt, courteous and efficient service to the guest by assisting as required.
Conducts frequent inspections of the VGR and areas, reporting any deficiencies in equipment or aesthetics
Adheres to Health & Safety policy and ensuring safe work practices are followed at all times.
Adheres to the hotel’s environmental policies and procedures.
Adherers to all allergy policies
Demonstrates Service Promise Standards and Value
- Previous food & beverage service experience required-minimum 1-2 years in an upscale food & beverage establishment.
- Good comfort level with Micros POS system.
- Genuine consideration for excellent ‘above & beyond’ client service.
- Strong team attitude and passionate about food & beverage. Strong multi-tasking skills.
- High awareness of social propriety.
- Excellent grooming & professional presentation
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Fluency in a second language as it relates to the hotel industry is an asset.
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be physically able to complete all aspects of the job including standing or walking for long periods of time
- Self motivated decision maker with proven organizational skills.
- “Smart Choices” responsible liquor service certification required
- Must be able to work a minimum of Saturdays and Sundays plus general holidays. Additional availability is an asset.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Job type
- Downtown, Winnipeg, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible