Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels & Properties (Manager Europe). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running nights back-up, and roll the date.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g. VINGCARD) and reissue new room keys to guest as necessary(e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g. Fidelio, PMS, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guest without reservations based on availability.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Set and maintain daily breakfast.
- Clean and maintain public areas to include guest laundry, lobby and public bathrooms to the standards set by company.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Complete the Room Rate Variance Report.
- Address guests service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest name when possible.
- Thank guest with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way,).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight and build trust.
- Anticipate guests service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guest and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one voice, using the callers name transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Provide assistance to co-workers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or manager discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, name tags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Public Relations
- Starting in
- As soon as possible