The Hoxton Poblenou is looking for a Groups & Events Coordinator!
In April 2022 we’ve opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for a Groups & Events Coordinator
to join our Barcelona Sales Team!
Reporting to the Groups & Events Manager and Director of Sales
, you’ll be a key player and support to our Groups & Events team by handling admin, systems, and everything in between to drive the conversion of enquiries & planning of meetings, events & group accommodation bookings.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant Four Corners with The Slice shop and La Bodega, a rooftop pool and our taqueria Tope, a bright and airy lobby, a multi-functional basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept). What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- Be our key contact for handling the requests & booking process from start to finish: from initial proposals, managing contracts, rooming list and invoicing.
- Use our booking system Delphi to track all requests and handle the details of bookings, generating contracts, invoices and function sheets and Opera to inputting details such as rooming lists, taking deposits and tracking payments and keeping an accurate and up to date database.
- Keep things running smoothly by supporting our team of Groups & Events from creating and updating bookings, contracts & invoices; regular reporting and updating of our systems, namely OPERA; processing commissions, and diary management.
- Manage internal bookings & requests.
- Build strong relationships with our other teams and external third parties, keeping the guest experience at the heart of everything you do.
What's in it for you...
- Experience working within reactive sales in groups or events within hotels, venues or private members clubs, front desk or reservations department.
- Someone who gets a kick out of converting sales, with a track record of beating targets.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- Experience using OPERA and/or Delphi would be an advantage.
- You’re a people person, great at building strong and lasting relationships.
- You enjoy working at a fast pace, know how to stay organised and get the details right.
- You’re looking for a challenge and a place where you can be you (no clones in suits here).
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help getstuff done.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
More about us...
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- The opportunity to be part of our Sales function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a firstname.lastname@example.org .