We are looking for an unflappable, confident Night Receptionist
to join us at The Hoxton, Shoreditch.
You will be responsible for providing a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch, is where The Hoxton was born. It’s where we first set out to do things a little differently, breaking rules about ‘the way things are done’. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and an open lobby, café & restaurant where you can feel the hustle and energy of Shoreditch. What’s in it for you…
What you’ll do…
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, eligibility to take part in the company discretionary bonus scheme and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift.
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What we’re looking for…
- You make sure our guest experience never flags, even at night! Whatever's needed, you treat our guests as individuals, make them feel welcome and their stay special - the Hox way
- Deal with the coming and going of guests, making sure all bills are correct and contain no surprises
- Work with all our teams to make sure we're always busy, and help our Night Manager with any overbooking levels
- Answer phones, sort out requests and anything that might arise time, involving the team as needed - you're the one-stop-shop for our guests to turn to
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others and isn't easily flustered - there's a smaller team working at night so confidence and knowing how to work things out by yourself are key
- Previous hotel (or similar) experience is great, but it's not a must-have for us - if you're eager to learn we can teach you what you need to know
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way