The Landmark London is recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller.
Are you passionate about world class service and you would like to start or continue your career in one of the Leading Hotels of the World?
To thank you for your hard work and loyalty, some of the excellent benefits you will enjoy are:
28 days paid holiday, including bank holidays (Increased holiday entitlement with length of service)
• Free dry cleaning for uniforms
• Free meals whilst on duty
• Health checks and life assurance cover - death in service scheme
• 50% discount in our outlets (including sister properties)
• Discounted Accommodation as well as Spa Treatments for team members and their friends & family (including sister properties)
• Canada Life Discount Membership
• We Care - 24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months of service
• Employee Assistance Programme
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a passionate Assistant Financial Controller, to join our Finance Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming team on a permanent basis, and help us to consistently deliver memorable moments and five star service to our guests and each other.
At The Landmark London, our purpose is to enrich the journeys of our people and our guests and as an Assistant Financial Controller, your main duties will include:
· Review monthly financial statements and analyse variances between actuals and budget for all revenues, expenditures and payroll.
· Oversee the preparation of the monthly Profit and Loss Statement. To write P&L comments and distribute P&L pack by the 5th working day of the following month.
· Assist and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the hotel budget and forecasts.
· Assist the Financial Controller in establishing policies, guidelines, internal controls and safeguards that ensure profitability and efficiency is maximised.
· Assign and delegate responsibility to the Credit Manager, Management Accountant, Payroll Manager and outsourced IT supplier where appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
· To be fully familiar with the systems used by the Hotel in the recording and reporting of the financial transactions, and train Finance staff as appropriate.
· Supervise, train and motivate Finance department employees with regular one-to-one job chats & departmental meetings, helping them to have a clear understanding of their duties and responsibilities.
· To be the first point of contact with external and internal auditors.
· To take a pro-active role in recommending revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities to the Financial Controller.
· To maximise the cash flow performance of the Hotel through controls on inventory, credit and payment collection.
· To deputise in the absence of the Financial Controller.
As an Assistant Financial Controller, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to fulfil your duties and in any event not less than 40 hours in each week.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for the position of Assistant Financial Controller will satisfy the following essential requirements:
· To be highly proficient in hospitality software and all Microsoft applications, particularly strong Excel knowledge.
· To have previous experience 2-3+ years in such role in a similar hotel.
· To have excellent negotiation skills and strong people skills
· To be a team player
· To demonstrate accuracy and completeness in work
· To be honest
· To have strong integrity
Desirable criteria for this role are accounting qualifications, i.e. ACCA, CIMA, MBA or similar and relevant experience in London/UK hotel.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate the following company values:
• Respect – I will treat others as I would like to be treated
• Integrity – I will deliver what I promise to deliver
• Continuous Improvement – I will actively seek out opportunities for improvement and take action
• Fun – I will bring positive energy to support a happy environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Landmark London is a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World and was named 4th position in the acclaimed The Sunday Times’ ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ in 2020 making the list for the third consecutive year.
The Landmark London was the first hotel in the world to be awarded Investors in People Platinum by achieving the highest score in accommodation business sector globally. In September 2019, the hotel was named the AA Hotel of The Year London 2019-20 for our seamless service and five star luxury guest experience.
Furthermore, in August 2020 the hotel’s efforts and investment in our team member’s health and wellbeing was recognised by the Mayor of London with the London Healthy Workplace Award.
We believe that without our dedicated team, our pursuit of excellence would not be possible.
Each person is a vital team member and that is why we feel it is of utmost importance to invest in our people to ensure that they have both an enriching and rewarding journey with us.
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply today!
The Landmark London
We are delighted to welcome you to one of the most popular 5 star hotels in London, The Landmark London. We rank among the finest of the capital’s leading luxury hotels in London, and have a distinctive style and ambience that makes us unique.
Our luxury hotel combines classic British elegance and grandeur with the deluxe facilities required by today’s discerning travellers, such as hotel conference rooms, fantastic restaurants and bars, a luxurious Spa & Health Club with a 15 metre swimming pool and a gymnasium.
At our hotel in London, we continually strive to ensure that we not only meet our guests’ expectations, but that we exceed them. We take pride in offering the highest level of service to ensure that we continue to be one of the leading 5 star hotels in London and is the reason why we are one of the most popular wedding hotels in London, too. Therefore, if you want to indulge in a night of pure bliss and relaxation, we recommend you visit our London hotel.
However, you do not have to stay in our hotel in London to take advantage of our fantastic facilities. Our award winning Afternoon Tea is the perfect way to enjoy a leisurely afternoon, and you can indulge in an array of delicious sandwiches, French pastries and freshly baked scones.