We are looking for an experienced and passionate Events Manager to join our fantastic Events team at The Lanesborough. With seven individually designed private dining rooms representing some of the most refined event spaces London has to offer, a business meeting, special occasion or social gathering at The Lanesborough will exceed every expectation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- To excel in overseeing / managing all types of events corporate, leisure and social. This includes managing group/residential programs.
- Ensure function rooms are allocated correctly with a view to maximising the capacities and guest comfort.
- To promptly deal with any guest concerns and complaints and feedback to the Head of Events any specific issues to follow up.
- Working with residential groups, resumes, managing guest requirements from handover from sales to departure of guests.
- To be knowledgeable about all terms in the menus and be able to give accurate advice on wine selections.
- To create a strong relationship with all organizers and regular guests and capture their preferences.
- To be able to handle demanding guests or organizers with confidence, subtlety and composure.
- Work flexible hours including weekends when required.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits (Conditions apply):
- Dental and Optical Benefits
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Meals on Duty
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Tailored Uniforms
- Cycle Scheme (Loan to Purchase)
- Dry Cleaning (Non Uniformed Ambassadors)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Training & Development Plans
- Social Committee Activities
- Training Fund Assistance
- Awards & Recognition Programs
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Previous experience within Front Office in a 4* or 5* establishment is essential and experience in the luxury London market would be preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal is essential (a second language is an asset).
- London events, wedding and social sales experience essential. Hotel experience preferred
- Immaculate grooming standards
- Confidence in food and beverage knowledge is essential.
- Computer Skills: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook is essential. Knowledge of Delphi is preferred but not essential.
- Basic knowledge of AV and computing equipment, floristry and theming events (cultures, perceptions, trends etc.).
- Delphi and Opera Systems experience would be beneficial, however not essential
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- London, United Kingdom
- Events, F&B other, Sales & Marketing, Catering
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Lanesborough Hotel
The renovation has honoured the building's architectural heritage as one of London's most revered Regency landmarks. The project embodies the signature style that has become synonymous with The Lanesborough, whilst incorporating the latest in contemporary luxury and technological innovations.