We are looking for a talented and passionate Pastry Chef de Partie to join a fantastic culinary team in our pastry kitchen at The Lanesborough. One of London’s pre-eminent dining destinations, The Lanesborough is celebrated as much for its exceptional food and drink as its beautiful rooms and suites. With seven individually designed private dining rooms representing some of the most refined event spaces London has to offer, a business meeting, special occasion or social gathering at The Lanesborough will exceed every expectation. From the vibrant Library Bar to the intimate Garden Room to the stately Withdrawing Room, to the Michelin-starred restaurant Céleste, The Lanesborough offers an exclusive culinary experience.
As Pastry Chef de Partie, you will be part of the delivering of an excellent food offering, being able to adapt when necessary based on guests' requirements and ensuring both you are trained to consistently master the same high level of gastronomy. You and your team must be trained and fully understand both the menu and what is expected in this high level professional brigade. As Chef de Partie you will develop the skills and effectiveness of the team through the appropriate training, coaching and mentoring. Flexibility is required to be involved in different sections and take a pro-active approach in developing your knowledge in all areas. Please note this is a 24 hour kitchen operation.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits (Conditions apply):
- Dental and Optical Benefits
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Meals on Duty
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Tailored Uniforms
- Cycle Scheme (Loan to Purchase)
- Dry Cleaning (Non Uniformed Ambassadors)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Training & Development Plans
- Social Committee Activities
- Training Fund Assistance
- Awards & Recognition Programs
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic culinary team in one of London’s most exclusive luxury hotels and offers excellent career and development opportunities. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience in as similar role within a fine dining restaurant essential preferably in a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Proven track record in running a pastry section
- Show drive and passion for baking, chocolate and/or patisserie
- Catering School qualifications preferred
- Food Hygiene Level 3 preferred although not essential for commencement as will be certified with the Company
- Exhibit excellent technical and natural cooking abilities
- Excellent command of the English language
- Please note this role requires an element of manual handling and on occasion heavy lifting
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Lanesborough Hotel
The renovation has honoured the building's architectural heritage as one of London's most revered Regency landmarks. The project embodies the signature style that has become synonymous with The Lanesborough, whilst incorporating the latest in contemporary luxury and technological innovations.