We are the team responsible for fulfilling the day to day needs of the business and all the people that reside within it. We are a team that works closley together to ensure all purchasing requirments are met in a timely manner.
If you are passionate about hospitality and food, and have previous experience as a Food Buyer then we want to hear from you!
What we expect:
• The Food Buyer to manage food supplier relations, price agreements and contracts alongside the Head of Purchasing and Executive Chefs where appropriate
• The Food Buyer will produce and monitor KPIs for assigned suppliers including spend analytics, supplier performance and benefit tracking and assess their suitability alongside Purchasing and Chefs
• The Food Buyer will produce price comparisons and supply tenders where appropriate, negotiating initial proposals from suppliers
• To deliver key procurement projects on time as identified by stakeholders
• The Food Buyer should stay abreast of market trends and explore existing or potential procurement synergies with sister companies generating food cost savings
• The Food Buyer should source new food products and ingredients for any new menu tasting or menu changes as requested by the Head Chefs and Executive Chefs as well as for special events and ad hoc requirements
• To ensure that daily food orders are approved and transmitted to the correct suppliers based on best price/ quality
• To deal with any supplier and any Chef queries relating to orders and deliveries To liaise with Head Chefs regarding product selection, specification, availability and costs
What we offer you as a Food Buyer:
• One of the most competitive salaries in the industry
• 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Amazing learning and development opportunities
• Discounted rates at The Ned
• Fantastic career growth opportunities
Friendliness, efficiency and a ‘can-do’ attitude are what people have come to expect when they visit us and our success will depend on your willingness to go that extra mile. We have built a great team and everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow their skills.
How The Ned Happened
Soho House & Co. and New York’s Sydell Group joined forces to restore the beautiful Grade-I listed building in the heart of the City. The former Midland Bank is now home to 250 bedrooms, 10 restaurants, bars, a private members club, Ned’s Club Barber and Parlour, Ned’s Club Gym, two swimming pools and six dedicated event spaces.
Apply today and join us as a Waiter/Waitress
#YESYESYES #MakeitHAPPEN #ShowyouCARE #LovewhatYOUDO
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Pay range
The Ned Hotel
The Ned is a new opening from Soho House & Co and Sydell Group, located in the heart of The City. Originally a bank, the Grade- 1 listed building has been developed and restored to hold 252 hotel bedrooms, twelve restaurants and bars, a members club, a gym, Cowshed spa and two swimming pools, as well as six dedicated event spaces.
If you love working in hospitality, and you are looking for your next opportunity, then we want to hear from you. A role at The Ned could be the beginning of a new career, rather than just another job.