We are analytically driven and responsible for creating innovative solutions to support the business with; P&L, cost analysis, inventory control, payroll and everything in between.
Responsible for overseeing the full payroll function of the Hotel by ensuring accurate and timely processing of all payrolls for Ned employees, in accordance with group policy, audit and legislative requirements. Train and develop the Finance Assistant who supports the payroll function and drive improvements in the overall payroll process. Supports and partners with Heads of Department across the business and directly reports to Head Of Finance.
Essential Skills / Experience:
• Previous experience as a Payroll Manager in a busy high-end environment managing complex payrolls
• Extensive knowledge of Fourth Hospitality payroll system
• Experience of implementing new accounting processes and procedures
• Exceptional communication skills
• Pro-active and reliable
• Team player with self-motivational skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment
• Experience in Microsoft Office package and numerically literate
Desirable Skills / Experience/ Qualification:
• CIPP qualification would be an advantage
• Experience in local government pension schemes would be an advantage
• To assume full responsibility for the operation of the Payroll department and to be accountable to the Head Of Finance for all matters relating to the department’s operation.
• To monitor the accurate and timely processing of all payrolls, ensuring compliance with agreed authorisation procedures.
• To train and develop the Finance Assistant who supports the payroll function, as necessary.
• To provide feedback on Finance Assistant who supports the payroll function at agreed intervals, liaising with the Head Of Finance to meet identified training needs.
• To maintain a high level of staff morale by example setting, through formal communication meetings, and by being responsive to the individual and team needs of subordinate staff.
• To maintain confidentiality of payroll operations by ensuring that general and payroll specific security procedures are observed by Group Payroll staff.
• To comply with all relevant Group accounting, payroll and purchasing procedures.
• To liaise with the Group IT department and/or Payroll Computer Bureau on all Systems matters.
• To ensure that System back-up procedures are in place and working effectively.
• To develop a Group Payroll Procedures manual and train all relevant personnel in such procedures, as appropriate.
• To regularly evaluate working methods and procedures, implementing action or making recommendations to improve the efficiency of the Group Payroll department, as appropriate.
• To monitor the accuracy of payroll documentation received (e.g. input forms, deduction notices, SSP/SMP notifications), identifying potential problems and taking remedial action necessary.
• To ensure that all payroll documentation received is authorised by the correct signatories, prior to processing.
• To enter payroll data into the Payroll System in an accurate and timely fashion.
• To process manual payments accurately, where necessary, whilst minimising the requirement to make such payments as far as possible.
• To ensure that manual amendments/adjustments are integrated into the computerised payroll system as the earliest opportunity.
• To ensure that manual files are maintained in accordance with Group Payroll procedures, filing accurately to facilitate easy retrieval of information.
• To process payroll status changes (e.g. pay increases, leavers, department/position transfers etc), inputting details and checking accuracy of such changes.
• To maintain holiday records, monitoring entitlements, checking approvals, processing payments and liaising with employees and departments managers, where necessary.
• To maintain sickness and absence records, monitoring entitlements, checking approvals, processing payments and liaising with employees and department managers, where necessary.
• To conduct payroll “surgeries” at the hotel, at agreed frequencies, to resolve individual pay queries and to take whatever follow-up action is necessary to resolve problems.
• To answer telephone payroll queries, from employee or managers, in a hospitable and professional manner.
• To complete payroll related forms for third party organisations (e.g. P45/P46 forms, mortgage reference enquiries, SSP/SMP forms) and distribute as necessary.
• To provide payroll related reports to authorised personnel, as requested.
• To complete the reconciliation of weekly and monthly payrolls, inland revenue and other external body payments, submitting to Head Of Finance and Hotel Finance Director in sufficient time for payments to be made on schedule.
• To complete year end procedures and payments, in an accurate and timely fashion, including final amendments.
• To ensure that all external statutory forms are completed correctly and on time.
• To maintain confidentiality of payroll/personnel information in compliance with group payroll procedures and Data Protection Act 1984 requirements.
• To distribute payslips and management reports promptly and efficiently.
• To liaise with the Compensation & Benefits Co-ordinator regarding pension, health care, critical illness and AVC deductions plus end of year reconciliations.
• To liaise with the Inland Revenue, DSS and other statutory bodies on procedural and legislative requirements, and take whatever action necessary to ensure compliance.
If you are passionate about hospitality and have experience as a Payroll Manager then we want to hear from you.
What we offer you in return:
• One of the most competitive salaries in the industry
• 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Amazing learning and development programs
• Discounted rates at The Ned
• Fantastic career growth opportunities
Friendliness, efficiency and a ‘can-do’ attitude are what people have come to expect when they visit us and our success will depend on your willingness to go that extra mile. We have built a great team and everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow their skills.
How The Ned Happened?
Soho House & Co. and New York’s Sydell Group joined forces to restore the beautiful Grade-I listed building in the heart of the City. The former Midland Bank is now home to 250 bedrooms, 10 restaurants, bars, a private members club, Ned’s Club Barber and Parlour, Ned’s Club Gym, two swimming pools and six dedicated event spaces.
Apply today and join us as a Events Head Chef
#YESYESYES #MakeitHAPPEN #ShowyouCARE #LovewhatYOUDO
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
The Ned Hotel
The Ned is a new opening from Soho House & Co and Sydell Group, located in the heart of The City. Originally a bank, the Grade- 1 listed building has been developed and restored to hold 252 hotel bedrooms, twelve restaurants and bars, a members club, a gym, Cowshed spa and two swimming pools, as well as six dedicated event spaces.
If you love working in hospitality, and you are looking for your next opportunity, then we want to hear from you. A role at The Ned could be the beginning of a new career, rather than just another job.