EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Assists in successfully executing all operations in the rooms area departments (including Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Assists in leading specific team while meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
• Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
• Understands the functions of the Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping operations.
• Temporarily supervises all areas of the Room Operations department in the absence of the Room Operations management.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Room Operations goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Participates in employee progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Assists in performing the payroll function.
• Oversees daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Drives positive employee engagement by conducting the department feedback sessions and creating action plans to address open concerns.
- Job type
- New York, NY, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration