Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:Jennifer.Cottgias@theNines.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Front Office is responsible for all front office functions and associates. Oversees Bell/Valet associates, Switchboard Operations, Guest Services/Front Desk and Concierge/Club Lounge, as applicable. Works with managers and associates to successfully execute all front office duties, ensure smooth and efficient guest arrival and departure process. Demonstrates excellent leadership, communication and team building skills with associates, peers and across departments.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Relates well to all kinds of people up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Building Effective Teams
Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel services, policies or operations.
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude; know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have vision ability to read written forms of communication and monochrome computer screen.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review correspondence, initiate reports, conduct training, etc.
90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
- Minimum two years previous experience as a front desk supervisor or minimum of four years front office experience in hotel work.
- Material/Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copy machine, cash register, calculator, PC, fax machine, and PBX machine.
- Work inside 95% Material/Equipment Used
- Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled workstation.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Portland, OR, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible