The Front Office department at our beautiful hotel is looking for a Night Porter to join its team and provide our guests with outstanding levels of service.
The Old Government House Hotel and Spa is the only five star hotel on the island,
located at the Heart of St. Peter Port.
This historic hotel with panoramic sea views, sits proudly just up
the hill from the main shopping street and a five minute walk from the quayside.
Exceeding expectations with exceptional food, service and beautifully designed
rooms, a dedicated team treats every guest as a friend returning home, with
passionate pride for fine traditional hospitality.
Key responsibilities of the Night Porter will include:
- To assist the Night Managers in the smooth running of the hotel
- To support the day concierge team in communicating vital guest information
- Welcoming guests to the hotel and ensuring that luggage is delivered correctly
- To be an ambassador for the Hotel and Red Carnation Hotels at all times
- Being fully aware of the hotel policy in regards to the storage of luggage, parcels and other goods
- Organising taxis and other forms of transport for guests
- Answering general guest queries and being aware of directions to major areas in London
- Assisting with Room Service orders and preparation of food and drink
- Organising newspaper deliveries
The ideal candidate for the Night Porter position should have:
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- A warm smile and a positive attitude
- A clean UK and/or European driver’s license (desired but not essential)
Benefits of the Night Porter position include:
- A competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Two paid volunteering days each year
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
- Staff accommodation available very near to the hotel
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
- Staff Appreciation Annual Party and other Employee Recognition Events
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular performance reviews to ensure you receive on-going feedback to help you grow and develop in your role
- An exciting position within a hotel collection which has been recognised as an industry leader
The Red Carnation Hotel collection was officially recognised at Platinum standard Investors in People in 2020, the highest accolade it’s possible to reach - and we achieved this on a global basis. This award recognises our commitment to all initiatives that are people and culture oriented, including career growth and opportunities for all, as well as our far-reaching commitment to sustainability, diversity and inclusivity.
Additionally in 2020 we were recognised again with a Princess Royal Training Award for our hugely successful Management Programme, which has a prototypical track record in developing people and getting them “management ready” in both the company and sector. We are truly proud to be awarded these two high profile accolades which are gloriously non-industry specific thereby pitching us against any business in any sector. Our goal is to be an employer of choice for those willing to work hard, who are ambitious to find success and who are wishing to be rewarded well, paid fairly and treated as an individual within our family-owned and run atmosphere.
If this is the Night Porter role you are looking for then please apply today!
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection
Welcome to the Red Carnation Hotel Collection. Seventeen luxury award-winning, family owned and run boutique hotels located in the UK, Guernsey, Ireland, South Africa, Switzerland and the USA.
Our commitment to providing our guests with outstanding service and memorable experiences is paramount to our continued success as a company. Each member of our dedicated and highly trained staff possesses a ‘Yes I Can’ attitude and embraces our philosophy of ‘no request too large, no detail too small.’ Guests at Red Carnation enjoy the finest experiences from generous hospitality, inventive and traditional cuisine, splendid luxury, private art collections, passionate service and loyal staff. Each of these qualities creates richly rewarding experiences for all guests and is also reflective of the ethos of our parent company; The Travel Corporation.
The Travel Corporation is a family run, multi award winning international travel and tourism company with nine decades of experience in the global tourism industry and four generations who are committed to delivering an outstanding and unique experience for each and every customer. Red Carnation Hotels are proud to be affiliated with the 25 global brands that are managed by the most passionate, dedicated and experienced people in the travel industry.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and is recognised as number 2 of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For 2015. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential! We are also proud to be recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first company to gain this award on a worldwide basis.