Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates expected performance and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Participating in and Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity, manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
Supporting the Management of Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees, customers and guests, vendors and suppliers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and customers.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction.
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Qualifies business and tracks leads.
• Solicits and books meetings, conferences and catered corporate and social events.
• Finalizes and upsells catering arrangements for group/convention business.
• Negotiates and markets to drive sales and create profits.
• Identifies customer needs and all sales opportunities which ensure successful catering events.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Supports the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee's needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible