Functions as the property’s strategic leader for the purchasing of supplies and products used at a location. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. Purchases and approves payment of items following the correct procedures that have been established.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 1 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve purchasing process and financials.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Ensures compliance with all brand established systems and procedures.
• Creates a Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order System for the property and ensures employees are trained on this system.
• Conducts inventories.
• Ensures accurate administration of all invoices and adheres to proper bookkeeping procedures.
• Maintains operations by developing policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures inspection of all deliveries to verify accuracy and quality of product.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Implements and enforces all control procedures for property goods entering through the purchasing/receiving areas.
• Ensures staff is properly trained regarding procedures, sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
• Ensures compliance with sanitary procedures.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions etc.
Leading Purchasing Operations
• Supervises operations of Purchasing Department.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback and uses an "open door policy."
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to maintain financial management of the department.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Keeps departments informed by confirming and clarifying purchase orders or contracts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible