Primary Purpose of Position
Primary duty is to perform the established close of day functions for hotel and F&B operations. Represents the management in the absence of an M.O.D. during the hours of duty. Granted limited authority to troubleshoot operational issues and guest or employee problems. Responsible for loss prevention and ensuring the safety of all people on property. Serve as the primary liaison between the hotel and guests. Must be authorized to work in the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain knowledge of scheduled daily activities, hotel features/services;
2. Room types, layout, décor, appointments and location; current rate, specials and packages
3. Scheduled daily group/event activities
4. Room availability status for any given day;
5. Daily arrivals/departures, house count; features and service of the hotel;
6. Hours of operation for each outlet; and Answer incoming phone calls; direct the caller to the appropriate extension or take a comprehensive message.
7. Greet arriving guests/visitors and bid farewell to departing guests/visitors.
8. Maintain complete awareness of facilities, hours of operation, emergency procedures and rules of conduct.
9. Be aware of hotel occupancy, restaurant guest count and private dining or group activities.
10. Become familiar with the Hotel's Property Management System (PMS) for training, maintenance, reservations, and trouble-shooting (including occasional updates).
11. Accept reservations, changes and cancellations, ensuring comprehensive notes are placed on each reservation record.
12. Perform regular walks around property to ensure the safety and security of the facilities and in-house guests.
13. Respond to all emergencies as established in the management emergency procedure guidelines.
14. Always be prepared to respond immediately to guests arriving late, room service orders, luggage assistance and guests checking out.
15. Perform all Night Audit tasks as defined in the Standard Operating Procedures to close and reconcile the day's receipts.
16. Program electronic room keys and give guests concise directions to his/her guest room and/or other areas on property.
17. Access all functions of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
18. Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
19. Register guest in computer and have registration sheet signed after verifying information with guest, particularly rate and departure date and obtain credit card imprint or cash payment for incidentals in advance.
20. Maintain a balanced bank throughout the shift, making drops when necessary. Keep the bank secure at all times
21. Adhere to all cashiering procedures; make change for guests, post charges, settle room accounts, count bank at end of shift, process paid outs and process adjustments/voids.
22. Be familiar with Front Desk Agent duties and procedures.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
3. Previous hotel night audit experinece preffered.
4. One year of experience in a clerical position with emphasis in customer relations.
5. One year of experience in a cash handling position.
6. Basic knowledge of accounting theory.
7. Proficiency with computers.
8. Valid driver license
1. Ability to communicate in person and by phone with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
2. Ability to provide legible written communication
3. Ability to input and retrieve data from a computer.
4. Ability to learn and perform CPR and First Aid.
5. Ability to work unsupervised.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks.
7. Ability to remain calm under pressure.
8. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guests.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Relais & Châteaux
Relais & Châteaux is established around the globe, from the Napa Valley vineyards and French Provence to the beaches of the Indian Ocean. It offers an introduction to a lifestyle inspired by local culture and a unique dip into human history.
Relais & Châteaux members have a driving desire to protect and promote the richness and diversity of the world’s cuisine and traditions of hospitality. They are committed to preserving local heritage and the environment, as encompassed in the Charter presented to UNESCO in November 2014.