THIS POSITION SHOULD KNOW:
Candidate should possess minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
Ability to input and access data in PC database.
Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the Front Desk and by telephone.
Ability to focus on guests' needs, remaining calm and courteous.
Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
Ability to focus on details, prioritize, organize and follow up.
Ability to show initiative; work well under pressure of multiple arrivals/departures within any given period of time.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information.
Ability to ensure security of guest room access.
10. Ability to work in a team and cooperate with other departments.
1.Previous experience in Guest relations department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
1.1All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
1.2 All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
1.3 All room rates, special packages and promotions.
Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
1.5 Room availability status for any given day.
1.6 Scheduled daily group activities.
2. Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
3. Keep control over the assigned deposit box. Keep it secure.
4. Meet with supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
5. Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
6. Access all function of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
7. Set up workstation with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
8. Answer department telephone within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
9. Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
10. Accommodate all requests for information in a congenial manner.
11. Process all guest check-ins according to established hotel requirements:
11.1 Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
11.2For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
11.3Register guest in PC database and generate a registration card.
11.4 Tell the guest about registration card information.
11.5Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
11.6 Assign guest room.
11.7Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
11.8 Inform guest of room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
11.9 Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets and enter information in computer.
11.10Communicate services and amenities included in packages to guests on packages.
11.11Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
11.12 Ask the guest to sign necessary papers.
11.13 Ensure that Bellman escorts guest to the room and transports their luggage to the room.
12. Perform the registration for foreign guests according to the local laws on registration.
13. Maintain guest history files on all guests.
14. Communicate V.I.P. arrivals to the staff for escorting and delivering amenities.
15. Set up accurate bills for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., shares, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
16. File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
17. Extend every effort to obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for guests with reservations when the hotel cannot accommodate them. Follow established procedures for "walking" guests.
18. Make room change.
19. Handle guest complaints according to the instant pacification procedures, ensuring guest satisfaction.
20. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up within 20 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
21. Take, record and deliver messages accurately, completely and legibly. Distribute hotel personnel messages to appropriate individuals.
22. Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave message.
23. Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
24. Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys.
25. Distribute all guest and department mail.
26. Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
27. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
28. Block rooms in the PC database and follow necessary requirements.
29. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
30. Communicate necessary guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
31. Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports.
32. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
33. Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to manager.
34. Process all checkouts according to established hotel requirements.
34.1 Resolve any late charges.
34.2 Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
34.3 Settle guest accounts following Accounting procedures.
34.4 Retrieve guest room key from guest.
34.5 Request guest comments on their stay.
35. Process express checkouts throughout the shift.
36. Handle requests for late checkouts according to established hotel procedures.
37. Conduct group check-ins/outs according to established hotel procedures.
38. Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
39. File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the Front Desk.
40. Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
40.1Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
40.2 Make change for guests.
40.3 Post charges.
40.4Settle room accounts.
40.5 Run closing reports.
40.6 Count bank at end of shift.
40.7Complete designated cashier reports.
40.8 Balance receipts.
40.9 Drop receipts.
40.10 Secure bank.
41. Legibly document pertinent information in the logbook.
42. Carry out official orders of the immediate manager.
43. Successful completion of the training/certification process.
44. To follow fire and work safety regulations.
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible