Responsible for the
management of all aspects of In Room Dining outlet. Maintain or exceed service
levels and philosophy set by The Ritz-Carlton standards. Work with the culinary team to execute
flawless dining experiences for our guests.
Will ensure that all dining experiences are quick and efficient and meet
set and expected time requirements that have been set to ensure satisfaction. Will ensure that casual dining quality scores
for Gallup are above company average and achieve a status of top five.
Responsible for financial and quality requirements of In Room Dinning outlet.
Will meet all forecasted and budgeted obligations within acceptable
guidelines. Will communicate all
departmental requirements to the food and beverage director and/or appropriate
leader. Responsible for maintaining close and cohesive working relationship
with the staff of The Ritz-Carlton.
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Room Service. Position directs, trains and assists employees to follow standards in the delivery of food and beverage to guestrooms and hospitality suites. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Day-to-Day Room Service Operations
• Ensures compliance with all Room Service polices, standards and procedures.
• Assists with the handling and service of all room service hospitality suites and group sales functions.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Helps to manage the delivery of amenity packages and VIP gifts.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Supporting Management and Coaching of Room Service Team
• Provides direction to Room Service employees to sell and service in-room dining.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supervises Room Service in the absence of the Room Service Manager.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
Assisting Room Service Financial and Budgeting Goals
• Understands the impact of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Utilizes budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from a supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of room service employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
- Job type
- Astana, Kazakhstan
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible