Responsible for assisting in the execution of daily operations activities at the property, including Culinary, Food and Beverage, and Front Office Position directs and works with employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the property’s cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Operations Activities
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in operations reports.
• Monitors food hygiene and food service standards.
• Conducts daily checks of food and beverage supplies and cleanliness of supplies.
• Monitors bookings of private rooms at the property.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Coordinates with Executive Chef regarding food presentation at the property.
• Liaises with Front Office Manager regarding arrival and departure of guests.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the property Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Identifies improvement opportunities in the standards of service and prestige of the property and brand.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Trains staff and monitors adherence to all relevant policies and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals; continuously striving to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of operations employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervising on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback to Operations Managers on individual employee performance issues.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Participates in employee progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
• Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
• Assists as needed in utilizing the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Assists in performing the payroll function.
• Oversees daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Job type
- Beijing, China
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible