Responsible for ensuring reliable recognition of all repeat guests. Informs all departments of the guests' arrivals, special
needs, requests and personal preferences. Contributes to guest satisfaction and profitability by leading employees in the guest recognition process.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Recognition Goals
• Create the standard Guest Recognition Daily Report.
• Researches database for next day arrivals and checks preferences, incidents, comments and stays for each repeat guest.
• Continually maintains guest files and adds preference, GIA, comment cards, and special needs information appropriately in the system(s).
• Deletes stay-specific and unusable data.
• Checks guest preference collection daily and communicate to other departments.
• Assists in preparation of welcome notes / amenities for all VIP and Repeat guests.
• Assists in the coordination of compliance with guests’ needs, requests, and personal preferences.
• Ensures proper recognition, coordination and delivery for all repeat guests preferences. .
• Uses discretion when inputting guest incidents, comments, etc. with no negative comments.
• Energizes the guest recognition process through daily contact with other departments.
• Assists in the implementation of guest recognition awareness programs and training to various departments.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints to the guest’s satisfaction.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Trains new employees on Guest Recognition Programs.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- LuoMaShi, Chengdu Shi, China
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible