Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Leading the Pastry Team
• Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Assists in the supervision of pastry preparation shift operations.
• Prepares food items and executes requests based on required specifications.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team
• Develops, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with Pastry.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Monitors and Provides service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Supports achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Provides assistance in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing daily pastry operations work.
• Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.