At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, will sit atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open October 2019.
Assists in carrying out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including recruitment, total compensation, and training and development. Additionally, he/she assists in delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Candidates must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be eligible to be considered for this position.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
• Assists in establishing and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
• Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
• Assists in monitoring candidate identification and selection process.
• Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Assisting in Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
• Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
• Assists with unemployment claim activity reports.
• Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented, as needed.
Assisting in Managing Employee Development
• Assists with departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Assists with coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
• Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
• Assists with ensuring departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Assisting in Maintaining Employee Relations
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
• Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources.
• Assist in conducting employee accident investigations, as necessary.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Assisting in Employee Recognition Programs
• Plans and coordinates employee recognition and engagement programs in accordance to the company's standard.
Assisting in Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Assists with ensuring employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Assists with ensuring compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
• Assists with ensuring medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
• Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
• Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
• Assists with ensuring all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
• Assists with periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
• Assists with managing Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
• Assists with delivering of classroom training as required.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Western Australia, Australia
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract