At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, will sit atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open October 2019.
Responsible for the operation of The Ritz-Carlton, Club Lounge, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Areas of responsibility include guest and employee engagement, and human resources. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Maintains condition of The Ritz-Carlton, Club Lounge and orders supplies and equipment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Candidates must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be eligible to be considered for this position.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Operations and Management of The Ritz-Carlton, Club Lounge
• Ensures that all company standards are being maintained in each area of the club lounge.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all brand requirements.
• Manages all areas of club lounge operations.
• Maintains working condition of club lounge equipment and orders supplies as necessary.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
• Coordinates with Food and Beverage to support lounge operations.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Performs required annual quality audit.
Supporting the Management and Development of Club Lounge Team
• Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists/teaches team managers scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Sets clear performance expectations with club lounge employees.
• Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
• Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Coordinates customer group requests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Trains staff and monitors adherence to all relevant policies and procedures.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that all relevant training is provided to employees in a timely fashion.
• Assists in performing the payroll function.
• Oversees daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Job type
- Western Australia, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract