- Responsible for all aspects of In-Residence Dining
- Coordinate menu selections to meet the needs and expectations of guests and owners
- Ensure service delivery between culinary provider and service staff is seamless and leads to exceptional guest experience
- Responsible for financial performance of department including driving revenue and ensuring all control points are being followed
- Oversee the internal and external amenity program
- Responsible for all aspects of planning, coordinating and servicing group and catering events
- Coordinate all aspects of the on-property experience for groups (rooms only and rooms w/ catering) after contract execution
- Main client interface for planning and coordination of all catered, meetings and special events
- Works with F&B partner/venue on menu selection and execution
- Responsible for the execution and servicing of all catering, meetings and special events that utilize on-property venues to ensure execution to The Ritz-Carlton standards
- Liaison between preferred vendors (wedding, décor, A/V), hotel operations and F&B partners
- Responsible for all Beverage related aspects of staffing and operation
- Responsible for Pool F&B service, where applicable
- Lead liaison between The Ritz-Carlton and property third party, food and beverage partners
- Drive brand alignment with service and product quality
- Coordinate promotional and cross-selling opportunities to maximize on-property revenue for all partners
- Share customer feedback with all partners and co-create action plans to address opportunities that will increase satisfaction and engagement
High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.OR
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
Works with direct reports to develop and implement promotions, food and wine pairings, menu items and presentations.
Develops a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.Leading Food and Beverage Teams
Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team).
Works with direct reports to review business in house and potential business in surrounding area and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings and staff meetings).
Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
Communicates critical information gained from pre- and post-convention meetings to areas of responsibility.
Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
Order and purchase equipment and supplies.Maximizing Food and Beverage Revenue
Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Food and Beverage is performing against budget.
Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver Savvy Service.Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Creates an atmosphere in all food and beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
Strives to improve service performance.Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures.
Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program and receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Food and Beverage Marketing - Knowledge of local and internal marketing efforts to drive revenue. Develops and executes marketing plans using relevant information as appropriate such as feedback gathered from customers.
- Restaurant/Event Room Operations - Knowledge of procedures for managing restaurant room set-up, management of host/hostess station, maintenance of fine silver, setting tables, break down of room, management of coat check, management of staff/associates, creation of checklists, audits, LSOPs, and maintenance of a high quality dining environment (music, lighting, temperature), as well as opening and closing.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Waikīkī, HI, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible