Entry level management position that assists in leading the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Assists in developing and directing team to provide consistent, high quality service.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
• Assists in managing departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Assists in scheduling banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Assisting in Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Greensboro, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible