Assists in hotel laundry daily operations and services. Works with employees to wash, dry and iron linen for both guest rooms and Food and Beverage/Culinary Department within existing time constraints. Assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the laundry, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Department Operations and Budgets
• Assisting in managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Communicating the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Ensures consistent workflow to minimize peaks and valleys in production.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Assists in ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on Laundry equipment maintenance needs.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
• Develops, maintains and uses effective back-up plans for breakdowns.
• Evaluates and implements new techniques, supplies and equipment.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Job type
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible