As a member of a defined cluster organization, the multi-property systems manager contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support cluster and technology (IR) objectives. The multi-property systems manager, in conjunction with the area systems manager, is responsible for assisting property management with technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. The multi-property systems manager may direct the work of property or area systems technicians and interfaces with vendors, owners, executive committee and property staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 3-5 years experience in like position.
• Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Responsible for managing technology/asset life-cycle. Ensures that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)’ performance problems
• Is accountable for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Ensures technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
• Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
• Ensures that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
• Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
• Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
• Escalates problems as appropriate through Area Systems Manager, Global Field Services, IR Shared Services.
• Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
• Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
• Performs routine to complex desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
• Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
• Resolves issues with setup or reset of security passwords
• Supports email and use of MI network
• Creates and maintains secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
• Executes disaster recovery plans.
Managing Work within Budget Targets
• Assists/provides input to property management for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Possesses a basic understanding of the financial dynamics property operations and can apply knowledge/judgment to assist management in achieving technology-related goals.
• Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges
• Advises management on required short-term technology investments for property planning.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
• Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
• Ensures compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in a well-written and/or verbally articulate manner
• Provides exceptional customer service.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
- Job type
- Shenzhen, China
- Chinese, English
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen
* China Hotel Fashion List Awards-The best excellent service luxury hotel (2012)
* Best Employer Award by Hewitt for The Ritz-Carlton, China Region (2011)
* "Traveler's Choice 2011-Top 25 Hotels in China" by Tripadvisor.com (2011)
* Top Luxury Hotel” by Shenzhen Special Zone Daily (2010)
* “Best of The Best” Award- Top Five Hotels by Robb Report (2009)