Entry level management position that supervises banquet service staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Banquet Operations
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
• Conducts banquet room function inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Understands the impact event services have on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Assists Banquet Service Manager in establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Job type
- Xi'an, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration