This is your chance to become part of the team at The Ritz London!
The world's greatest hotel, as conceived by the world's greatest hotelier. For over a century The Ritz London has been the benchmark by which other hotels are measured.
A London landmark at 150 Piccadilly, The Ritz has been home to the great and the good, the intelligentsia, the glitterati and thousands of discerning guests since 1906.
We are now looking for a highly skilled individual who wishes to become part of the legend and join a visionary team.
If creating magical moments and excellent customer service is your passion, we are looking for you!
The successful applicant will be a Professional with Hotel or Restaurant experience, excellent telephone manner and e-mail etiquette.
As a Dining Reservations Agent applicant for The Ritz London, previous experience in a similar position within a four or five star property or operations with high call volume is essential, as well as a pro-active sales drive and a true passion for guest satisfaction.
The role will require the successful applicant to accurately manage all Dining Reservation enquiries for The Restaurant, The Palm Court and The Rivoli Bar on a daily basis primarily via telephone and e-mail, to complete administrational tasks and communicate effectively with all departments in the hotel. A sound knowledge of Food and Beverage procedures and customer service skills will assist you in understanding what is required to exceed budgets and to achieve excellent results.
Please note that the successful applicant will become part of the Hotel Reservations team and this role is office based.
• Experience in hotels, restaurants or departments with high call volume is essential
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
• Possesses the ability to work under pressure and has strong organisational skills
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Has an excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
• Displays a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Ability to work flexible shifts
• Fluent in a second language
• Experience in reservation departments
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Instant reward and recognition scheme
• 28 holidays (including bank holidays)
• Opportunity to work for a well renowned Hotel
• Experience in luxury hotel industry
• Development and training prospects
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
The Ritz London
The site now occupied by The Ritz at 150 Piccadilly has previously been home to several similar businesses. The Old White Horse Cellar was once one of the most famous coaching inns in England, later the site was occupied by the Bath Hotel and then the Walsingham House Hotel, which was demolished to make way for The Ritz.
Construction of The Ritz began in 1905 and the building was completed remarkably quickly, in large part due to the efforts of Swedish engineer Sven Bylander who designed its steel frame, something of a rarity in European buildings at the time.
The actual design of the hotel is the work of architects Charles Mewès and Arthur Davis. Mewès, a Frenchman and London born Davis had worked with César Ritz before on the Hotel Ritz in Paris, and The Carlton in London. For The Ritz London they drew up a stunning French chateau-style masterpiece with a wealth of clever details; light wells allowed rooms with no outside windows natural light, projecting dormer windows and tall chimneys broke the skyline. Some of the details are less functional; the copper lions on the corner of the roof are purely decorative.