Become a Front Desk Supervisor at this Distinguished Hotel! Rotate through Guest Relations Agent, Front Desk Supervisor, and Guest Services VIP coordinator positions! Enjoy the Jazz festival, Mardi Gras and so much more!
Amazing career opportunity at this luxe hotel! This Historical hotel sets its self apart from the other hotels in the city. Train at this historic 4 star hotel in downtown New Orleans, as you rotate through all Rooms. Only the most dedicated hospitality candidates wanted! You won't be disappointed with this opportunity, so apply today!
Guest Service Agent make $13.00/hr. VIP coordinator make $12.50/hr. Front Desk Supervisors make $15.00/hr.
**OnQ Training will take about 4 weeks.
Benefits: • 3 days of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Arrival day must be on a Sunday. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after the 3 days of provided accommodation. • Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training. • The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria. • The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed. • The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
- Job type
- Internship, Graduate program, Full-time
- Central Business District, New Orleans, LA, United States
- Hostess, Front Office concierge, Front Office porter, Front Office reception, Housekeeping, Reservations, Rooms division, Guest Relations
- Starting in
- November 2019
- Duration of the contract
- Pay range
We are in the global business of connecting the best possible employers with the best possible employees. We achieve this by establishing long-lasting relationships and never putting profits before people. In doing so, we rank among the world’s leaders in international hospitality training and career development.
Our portfolio includes well known international brands, 4 and 5 * luxury hotels and (Michelin) fine dining restaurants.
We assist you from A to Z and we make it super easy for you! Along the way we give you advise and career coaching tailored to your personal situation.